A friend sent me this photo she took on her trip in Morocco. In many areas of the world, access to proper dental care is limited by a number of socioeconomic factors.
While I’ve never seen a gentleman like this guy selling teeth at Kobey’s Swap Meet, I realize that many in the US neglect their dental health for many reasons: financial, fear, and sometimes plain ignorance. Often it’s a mix of these reasons.
I recognize this.
- I’ve got a permanent page on this site on how to save money at the dentist.
- I’ve argued that dental insurance is not a good value for most people.
- We offer people an affordable alternative to dental insurance that takes care of all basic yearly dental needs for both individuals and entire families.
- Here in San Diego, I often have to fix sub-par work from people who traveled across the border to get “cheap” dental work, only to find that they have to pay more money to fix their teeth again – because they got poor work and questionable materials.
- For those that struggle with fear and anxiety at the dentist, we offer a number of solutions. Many of these people actually find it funny that they end up enjoying coming to the dentist for the first time in their lives.
- I enjoy continually learning, and I love to share and educate people about dentistry and health via our blog.
Every day, people make choices to try and balance what they value most: Quality or Cost.
When it comes to a dentist or health in general, I’d argue that modern technology, quality materials and the best care should win every time. Without your health, what else do you have?
Moonlight Beach Dental has always offered the best of modern tech, quality materials, and a high standard of care. Plus, we’re big on single-visit dentistry, which ultimately saves people more time and money.