In 2016, you probably want to save money on dental repair and spend less time in the chair. That’s not hard. Here are some simple things you can put on your new year’s resolution list.
- Treat yourself to a decent electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes simply clean better. The Sonicare options from Costco are fine, and they don’t cost too much.
- Floss more. Most people I meet don’t like flossing, and don’t do it as much as they should. Try.
- Use real floss. Waterpicks are better than nothing, but in my opinion they are not as good at cleaning as real floss.
- Schedule regular cleanings 2-4 times per year. When you put off your cleanings, small problems become big, more costly problems. The cost of more frequent visits is much less than that of large repairs.
- Stop drinking soda.
- Chew more sugar free gum. After meals, gum containing xylitol helps reduce the bacteria in your mouth.
I wish everyone a safe and prosperous new year, and I look forward to seeing you soon.